Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The day that completely pissed me off to the maximum

Today is the worst day ever since I started my new semester. It's not my curriculum, not my relationship problem, not any of the world tumbling down problem. But doing the world easiest thing that can take me almost an hour and end up......nothing!!!!!!

You won't believe what is pissing me off so much. That's only a small need of printing out 2 pieces of papers. I've moved into my new condo as i've stated earlier, and I'm the shared tenant of one of my friends who is the main tenant of the unit. And I've a car which helps me a lot in moving around KL. As the normal tenant of all condo, we have the right to park in a designated parking lot for our unit. And it so happened that i'm not the main tenant and require me to ask permission from my friend to give green light for me to park the lot, which is not a problem at all. (this procedure is completely redundant for any other condo)

And the person in charge requested me to submit up the so-called 'garan' of the car to him. (again it's the most redundant procedure of the world) So, i managed to ask my sis to send me the copy of the 'garan' to my e-mail. The printing out part is the main topic of this story.

Then I went down to the management office again, requesting the simplest thing from the person in charge in the office. Surprisingly, Shockingly, Dumbfounded, Startling, Horrifying and shaken, the management office has no USB port for pendrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is the century now, I'm so confused whether i'm still staying in year 1990????? Hello? Oh my god!!! That is not the worst part, the management people gave me an indifferent and annoyed look and forced me to go out and look for cyber cafe to print out. HELLO, who is the client and who is the person to serve?????

At that point i still managed to suppress my feeling and walked out the office, it's actually the third time that failed me to register for my car. So I went alone to look up for cybercafe, first CC that I reach..... closed. Being self-controlled, i went on to another CC, which is 500 meter away from the 1st one, and found out another sign board....closed. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE WORLD????? It's middle of the day, is Malaysia struck with financial crisis again to force all the shop to close down? Horrifying, I headed for another shop opened by my neighbour, who, doesn't who I am at all. I've seen her moving pass my house without taking a single glance at us, what kind of neighbour is that. Forget about that, the most interesting part of the story is her attitude towards her customer. She sounded so irritated even facing her own customer, I'm so amazed with her attitude attending to her customer.

I asked her about the price on using her computer just to print out 2 pieces of papers. This the quotation of her saying, i've translated from Mandarin : " We charged you RM 10 for every hour and RM5 for half an hour." Then I asked if i were to print out the paper in a matter of second, she replied :"Of course we charge u the time, or else how AM I GOING TO SURVIVE?" She raised her voice without any necessity. What is going on with the world. Keeping my tone calm and low, I ask her whether can exclude the cost on just printing the paper. Then she finally said :"OKey, if you just want to print within 10 minutes, I won't cost you, just cost your printing paper which is RM0.50 per piece" I gave way to her, then proceed to her computer.

Happily I opened up the file and prepare to print. Waiting while observing the printer....... 1 minute....... no response. waiting ......2 minutes....... no response. I went up to the aunty and asked about the problem. Her most 'delightful and simple' answer was " the printer is broken" That's it. How LOVELY..... Please judge on her indifferent attitude and smooth reply of "The printer is broken" and without any guilt of explanation. How beautiful is the world, how amazing is the shop owner treating the customer.

At that point, my anger has shot up to the maximum boiling point. I fumed and walked back to my condo and straight away into my room. I did tell the whole incident to my housemates. That is the sweetest thing to be happened in my life. I quickly switched on the music player with the calming songs of buddha. It soothes me down a lot. Typing with a calm emotion, this is the story of the day.


Please circle out the face that matches me. :P
Hope you guys can learn from this lesson, there are so many types of people out there. We have to be strong and tough, of course managing your emotion is at the top of the list. Don't spoil your day with these simple incidents in a day. This will cause no harm to the person treating you, you are actually torturing yourself while they happily live their day. Cheer Up!!! Thanks for reading the lengthy blog.

4 comments:

Wins said...

definately (b): anger. haha
but this post is so U. The way u describe the situation is so relatable to the time when we're in high sch. lol

Happy that u manage to keep calm all these while! bravo! ;)

Darren Teo said...

hahahha. It's happy for me to calm down anyhow. I'll just keep it as a reminder of both me n you guys out thr that things do not turn out to be what u expected. But thr is so much i need to learn to bring up a bit of my EQ.

- EvePynG - said...

Hey , Dude . I just edited my blog and here i came to read your lengthy page as well and yet what i fond is We bath have a same pissed off day! and my msn is crewed now , keep signing in and out . Great day i have too -.-

Darren Teo said...

Thanks for scanning tru my msn wif patience:P I've read urs as well. seems like u hv a much bigger prob than me. hope u'll get tru the prob as soon as possible. but rmb, ur parent is ur life's most valuable gold. hope u can appreciate them very very soon. and of coz u need to discuss wif them about the matter